The conversion of this former Baptist chapel required a completely new interior, including bathrooms and kitchen. In contrast to the traditional 1795 exterior, the interior is honestly contemporary, however materials were carefully chosen to provide character and texture.
Green oak timber frame and exposed brick fireplace, contrasted with smooth plastered walls, glass balustrades and polished limestone flooring.
The former vestry was converted to create a breakfast kitchen space, with new roof light and a built in marine fish tank. Roof timbers were exposed and the original brick pavers re-laid over underfloor heating. American walnut worktops were teamed with black gloss cupboard doors and double extract units mounted above the feature range.
A bespoke wet room was created using black riven slate on the walls and floor. A stainless steel counter top provided storage space beneath, concealing the cistern and supporting a glass basin.